- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Missouri S&T continually seeks to reduce its environmental footprint. The campus has improved paper, battery and aluminum can recycling. Now it is time to decrease the use of natural resources. In 2007, S&T purchased more than 9.5 million sheets of paper, or more than 1,300 sheets of paper for every faculty, staff and student. One of the Environmental Management System’s (EMS) objectives is to reduce the amount of paper used on campus by 40 percent by the end of this year.
You can help achieve this goal as we continue to build Missouri S&T’s Green Initiative:
– Ask printing services to use recycled paper
– Reduce line spacing and decrease margins on Word documents
– Do not print e-mails or any other documents unless absolutely necessary
– Purchase post-consumer content paper for your department
– Utilize the UM system procurement contracts for competitively priced recycled paper
– Encourage the practice of paperless meetings
– Utilize the duplex feature on your office printer (if available)
Contact Wade Jadwin at 341-4089 if you have any questions about our EMS program or paper reduction.