- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Seven Ph.D. students received dean’s honors on May 28 from the College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) in recognition of their scholarly contributions and teaching excellence in their field. The honorees represent five departments within the college.
The honorees are traditionally recognized with an on-campus reception. This year, the celebration moved online because of restrictions surrounding the coronavirus. The honorees and their faculty advisors are as follows:
Dean’s Graduate Educator:
- Edward Duarte Martinez, geosciences and geological and petroleum engineering. Martinez’s advisor is Dr. Jonathan Obrist-Farner, an assistant professor.
- Mohanad Abdulazeez, civil, architectural and environmental engineering. Abdulazeez’s advisor is Dr. Mohamed ElGawady, a professor
- Rayan Assaad, civil, architectural and environmental engineering. Assaad’s advisor is Dr. Islam El-adaway, the Hurst/McCarthy Professor
- Yan Gao, chemical and biochemical engineering. Gao’s advisor is Dr. Xinhua Liang, an associate professor
- Seyed Ali Mirala, electrical and computer engineering. Mirala’s advisor is Dr. Kristen Donnell, an associate professor
- Yiyang Zhuang, electrical and computer engineering. Zhuang’s advisor is Dr. Jie Huang, an assistant professor
- Maalavan Arivu, materials science and engineering; Arivu’s advisor is Dr. Haiming Wen, an assistant professor.