- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Missouri S&T’s Office of Graduate Studies hosted the 11th Graduate Fellows Poster Session from April 28th to May 1st. This year’s competition was held in a virtual format.
Graduate Studies’ eleventh annual Graduate Fellows Research Poster Session was held to showcase the research efforts of 23 students who are either Missouri S&T Chancellor’s Fellows or Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellows. Both fellowships are highly-competitive and require extensive dedication to research and academic excellence.
The distinguished Faculty Judges for the 2020 competition were:
• Dr. Clair Kueny, Assistant Professor Psychological Science
• Dr. Daniel Forciniti, Professor Chemical & Biochemical Engineering & Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs
• Dr. Daoru Han, Assistant Professor Aerospace Engineering
• Dr. V Prakash Reddy, Professor Chemistry
The following 3 students are recognized as the winners of the 2020 Graduate Fellows Poster Session for their outstanding research:
• Martin Di Stefano, a Ph.D. student in Aerospace Engineering and a Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellow, is the First-Place Winner for his poster titled “Effect of Turbulence Model Uncertainty on Scramjet Strut Injector Flow Field Analysis.” Di Stefano’s research studies the effect of turbulence model uncertainty.
• Donna Jennings, a Ph.D. student in Aerospace Engineering and a Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellow, is the Runner-Up Winner for her poster, “Numerical Determination of Spacecraft Formations in Deep Space.” Jennings’ research focus is on determining natural formations in the vicinity of the Earth-Moon L2 point when using the nonlinear equations of motion of the CR3BP.
• Lauren Tomanek, a Ph.D. student in Mechanical Engineering, is the 2020 Honorable mention for her poster titled “Temperature Based Identification of Thermal Properties of a One Dimensional Transient Convection Model of a Slender Cylindrical Fin.” Tomanek’s research investigates an approach to determine the thermal conductivity of a material from temperature data.
To see the winning Research Posters, as well as the posters from all of the fellows, visit grad.mst.edu/events/graduatefellowspostersession. Congratulations to all of the winners and participants of the 2020 Graduate Fellows Poster Session.