- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
This article includes details on how students can access the following services:
- ADA disability accommodations
- Advising for graduate students
- Advising for undergraduate students
- Career opportunities and employer relations (COER)
- Care management services
- Counseling services
- Equity and Title IX
- International affairs
- Learning Enhancement Across Disciplines (LEAD)
- Miner Wellness
- Online learning resources
- Opportunities for undergraduate research experience (OURE)
- Student disability services
- Student diversity initiatives (SDI)
- Student Health Services
- Student involvement
- Student Success Center
- Student Veterans Research Center (SVRC)
- Writing Center
If details about your department or resources are not listed and you would like them included, please submit the details via the eConnection submission form.
ADA disability accommodations:
To request disability accommodations, please complete the ADA Request form. If you have questions or concerns regarding ADA disability accommodations, please contact Lisa Ours, compliance specialist, at email@example.com or 573-341-6779.
Advising for graduate students: grad.mst.edu
To meet with your graduate studies specialist, please use email, phone or Zoom. To request a meeting, please email your specialist your specific questions and meeting preference. As always, please include your student ID number. Get a list of graduate student advisors and their email addresses.
The office is accepting electronic copies of all forms until further notice. Original signatures are not required at this time. Forms may be signed electronically, or an email approval may accompany it in lieu of the signatures.
Advising for undergraduate students: advising.mst.edu
The S&T Advising Center office is not holding in-person advising sessions until further notice. To meet with your academic advisor, please use email, phone or Zoom. To request a meeting, please email your advisor your specific questions and meeting preference. Get a list of advisors and their email addresses.
Career opportunities and employer relations (COER): career.mst.edu
Care management services: caremanagement.mst.edu
Care management servicesis offering virtual office hours 2-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays via Zoom at https://umsystem.zoom.us/j/663380565.
Care management offers students:
- Help managing complex needs
- Referrals to resources
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Assistance navigating processes
- Coordination and follow-up support
To schedule a consultation time, students may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or a care manger directly:
Counseling services: counseling.mst.edu
Staff members are offering services by phone or video conference via Zoom. Please call 573-341-4211 to schedule an appointment or confirm information on a previously scheduled appointment.
Equity and Title IX: equity.mst.edu
Equity & Title IX remains open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday in a virtual setting. All staff are currently working from home and are available on an in-person meeting via Zoom. Individuals wishing to file an equity or Title IX complaint are encouraged to visit equity.mst.edu/title-ix. In the case of an emergency, please call 911.
International affairs: international.mst.edu
Students can schedule advising appointments with international affairs staff members through S&T Connect. After scheduling an appointment, you will receive a Zoom meeting invitation. If you would like to review documents during your appointment, please email the documents to your advisor before your appointment.
Forms can be submitted electronically by emailing international affairs at email@example.com. Electronic signatures and academic advisor approval will be accepted through email. Forms are available on the international affairs website.
Learning Enhancement Across Disciplines (LEAD): lead.mst.edu
The Learning Enhancement Across Disciplines (LEAD) program provides free online tutoring via Zoom in over 70 courses, including all the introductory courses in math, chemistry, physics and computer science. Get the schedule.
While the Curtis Laws Wilson Library is closed, staff members are working from home. Remote services are available via library.mst.edu. Librarians are monitoring a chat service 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To chat, go to library.mst.edu and click the blue “Ask Us” button on the left side. Remote services will continue to be available via phone and email in addition to chat.
The library has suspended fines for overdue materials. Please hold onto all checked-out items. The due date for all items has been extended to Friday, May 15. Unless you are directly contacted about a specific item, your library items are due May 15. This includes items from MOBIUS, Prospector and Interlibrary Loan, unless you are directly contacted about a specific item.
Miner Wellness: minerwellness.mst.edu
Miner Wellness will offer consultations via Zoom for the remainder of the semester. Schedule your appointment to consult with a wellness coordinator and set goals to improve your overall well-being. Consultations are available in the areas of sleep health, nutrition, risk reduction of alcohol or cannabis use, physical activity, and general wellness. Consultations are free to S&T students, and can be scheduled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online learning resources: keeplearning.mst.edu/students
The S&T campus Learning Transition Team launched a website, keeplearning.mst.edu, with resource links for students, faculty and staff regarding changes to academic operations and delivery of courses for the spring semester. This website will be updated with the latest information and guidelines to make sure you stay connected and keep learning.
Opportunities for Undergraduate Research Experience: academicsupport.mst.edu/experientiallearning/oure
The Opportunities for Undergraduate Research Experience (OURE) application form is available by electronic submission only. If students have already submitted a hard copy of the form, they do not need to submit the electronic form. Applications are due Friday, May 1. Apply via the OURE webpage.
disability services: dss.mst.edu
The student disability services staff conducts remote accommodation appointments 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Students with questions about disability-related accommodations can contact student disability services at email@example.com. The accommodation request process and application link posted on the student disability services website.
Student diversity initiatives: sdi.mst.edu
The student diversity initiatives (SDI) team continues to serve S&T remotely and holds Zoom office hours 1-3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The meeting ID is 354-839-541. SDI’s food pantry and educational opportunities also remain available. Get more details.
Student Health Services: studenthealth.mst.edu
Student Health is operating under modified conditions. The staff continues to see patients but all patients must first be screened by phone. To be screened and to schedule an appointment, please call 573-341-4284. Virtual visits are available for some conditions.
You can also contact the staff via a chat feature while the clinic is open, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday, or secure messaging through the patient portal. Both are accessible via the website, studenthealth.mst.edu.
Student involvement: involvement.mst.edu
The student involvement staff is working remotely Please note the following.
Purchasing and checks
- Purchasing of items that require shipping are currently suspended. Ordering will resume the week ahead of campus re-opening.
- The staff will process checks for unpaid obligations (past activity) on a normal schedule. Requests received on a Monday by noon will be processed with payment available at the end of that same week. Requests received after Monday at noon will be available at the end of the following week.
- Check pick-up will not be available in the office. All checks must be direct-deposited (preferred) or mailed to the address of the individual or vendor.
- Purchasing practices will not change. Receipts are required for all purchases and additional documentation for reimbursements or checks may be required. All purchases should be tax exempt. If you need a tax-exempt letter, please contact Gracie Carroll, office support assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org before making a purchase.
- If you receive notice of a refund, please forward to Carroll at email@example.com. The office needs documentation of each refund to properly process the refunds.
Contacting student involvement
Staff members will be available for Zoom appointments or phone consultations as necessary. Employees will likely respond with a cell phone number or an anonymous number.
- Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org (will be monitored daily)
- John Gallagher, director, at email@example.com or 573-341-4286
- Alison Ayers, assistant director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-6697
- Gracie Carroll at email@example.com or 573-341-4295
- Jessica Haywood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-7981
- Jennifer Mueller at email@example.com or 573-341-6829
- Shasta Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-4500
Student Success Center: studentsuccess.mst.edu
Student Veterans Resource Center: SVRC.mst.edu
The center is holding Zoom meetings for veterans, and the director is available to answer questions. Learn more at SVRC.mst.edu.
Writing Center: writingcenter.mst.edu
Make an appointment for an online writing consultation at writingcenter.mst.edu. Get help with your writing projects, including abstracts, business correspondence, creative writing, essays, lab reports, newsletter articles, personal statements, proposals, research papers and resumes.