- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Join the Study Abroad Office for a presentation on Engineering-specific short-term study abroad trips for summer 2020 and beyond offered through the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Missouri! Lindsey Wisnewski from Mizzou’s Engineering Study Abroad office will join us to discuss how S&T students can apply and gain credit for trips abroad to places such as Peru, France, and Italy!
When? October 2nd 10 am – 11 am
Where? Havener Center, Mark Twain Room
Why? To learn about short-term study abroad for Engineering students!
– Programs include a wide array of durations, some as little as 10 days and others as long as six weeks.
– Programs take place during breaks in the academic calendar (summer break, spring break, May-semester, winter intercession).
– Programs fulfill either a 3-credit-hour upper-level humanities/social science course or an engineering-specific course, such as Circuit Theory, Thermodynamics, or Six Sigma Methodology for Engineers.
– There are 6-week summer options available to help students experience a deeper cultural immersion and earn up to 6-credit hours toward your degree.
– All May-semester and summer programs take place in May and June, leaving more than enough time for students to also complete a summer internship or co-op once their programs end.
– Most programs involve pre-departure courses. Students will meet with their program groups regularly leading up to the global site visit. Once enrolled in study abroad, group members will decide on a time to meet each week that will fit into everyone’s schedule. S&T students will be accommodated!