A daylong power outage is planned Wednesday, Dec. 20, to allow for replacement of one of S&T’s substation transformers that failed earlier this year, resulting in permanent damage. Several campus buildings will be affected by the power outage, which will begin at approximately 7 a.m. and last throughout the day. Power will be restored to all buildings by 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 21.
Buildings fed directly by Rolla Municipal Utilities will not be affected. The buildings that will NOT be affected by the power outage include:
- 710 University Drive (formerly the Missouri Enterprise Building)
- Auxiliary Services
- Bureau of Mines Building No. 1, Building No. 2 and Building No. 3
- Campus Housing and Dining Building
- Campus Support Facility
- Custodial and Landscape Services Building
- Diversity House (formerly named Student Diversity, Outreach and Women’s Programs)
- Experimental Mine Facility
- Gale Bullman Building
- Hasselmann Alumni House
- Hy Point Industrial Park
- Innovation Park
- Kummer Student Design Center
- Miner Village
- Phelps County Regional Medical Center (PCRMC) Annex
- Pine Building at 1304 N. Pine St.
- Residential Commons 1 and 2
- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center, including the Energetics Building
- Rolla Suites North and Rolla Suites South
- South Central Regional Professional Development Center
- Southwestern Bell Cultural Center
- Student Health Complex
- Student Recreation Center
- Temporary Facility “A”
- Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall
- University Commons
Campus to remain open
The campus will remain open during this outage. Supervisors will work with employees who work in buildings affected by this outage to determine off-site arrangements (such as working from home) or alternative hours.
Portion of State Street to close temporarily
To allow access for construction equipment, University Police will close State Street from 11th Street north to where the street ends near the Havener Center beginning at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19. This section of the street will remain closed through 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 20. Some parking spaces in the Havener Center’s visitors lot and B-13 will be blocked. Parking will be restricted on State Street between 10th and 11th streets. If parking accommodations are needed, please contact the parking office at 341-4303.
For more information about the planned power outage, please contact Ted Ruth, assistant vice chancellor for facilities services, at 341-7619.
Share this page