- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Missouri S&T’s University Police will provide emergency training to any campus group requesting training. To request training, visit the University Police website. Additionally, S&T’s Run-Hide-Fight active shooter video can be viewed on the site as well as on YouTube. The RAVE Guardian app’s content directory includes S&T’s safety posters, instructional booklets and Run-Hide-Fight video. Download the app.Read More »
Missouri S&T has contracted with Rave Guardian to enhance the security and safety for campus visitors, vendors, and guests with an “opt-in” protocol for S&T’s mass notification messages. Vendors, visitors, and guests can text MinerEvent to 78015 and they will receive any mass notification messages generated by the University during the day they opt in. The opt-in expires at midnight.Read More »
The Rave Guardian app is getting some updates to provide additional services and enhance capabilities. The updates should be automatic on your phone. If you are unsure if your application was automatically updated on your smartphone, please visit the app store on your device, go to updates and look for the Guardian icon, then follow the steps for the update.Read More »
When the weather gets dangerous, do you know what to do? All members of the Missouri S&T community should be familiar the proper procedures for seeking shelter during severe weather activity.
During an actual tornado:
A tornado warning means that a tornado has been sighted or indicated by radar. The Rolla Police Department will activate the city’s outdoor sirens. When warning sirens sound:
- Seek shelter, preferably in a designated area. Move to an interior hallway, under a stairwell or a room with no windows.
- Stay away from outside walls, exterior doors and glass windows or partitions. Do not open windows.
- Take cover under heavy furniture. Cover your head.
- Check local radio and television stations concerning the tornado warning.
- There is no all-clear message sounded through the siren system. However, Missouri S&T does send out all-clear messages through its mass notification system.
Here are a few resources and tips:Read More »