- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence ended the fall semester by recognizing active learning classrooms on campus. During the course of the semester, students in Dr. Alanna Krolikowski’s geopolitics and international security class completed a seven-week simulation.Read More »
- Alanna Krolikowski, assistant professor of history and political science, is quoted in an article about China’s economy that also includes quotes from Bill Gates and Penny Pritzker, former U.S. secretary of commerce, among many others. Read More »
As companies develop asteroid-mining technology for outer space, several governments are developing policies around this and other new asteroid activities. Dr. Alanna Krolikowski, assistant professor of history and political science at S&T, and Dr. Martin Elvis, astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, explore these international policy efforts in an article recently published in Space Policy.Read More »
In the news: Artificial intelligence backlash, China closing science gap, Doe Run interns, human genome editing
- Dr. Keng Siau, professor and chair of business and information technology, was interviewed for an article about public perception of artificial intelligence. Christopher Null wrote the article, “Dealing with AI Backlash: Trust can be hard to repair when AI goes wrong,” published in Workflow on ServiceNow.com.
- More than 10 U.S. newspapers published an article featuring the expertise of Dr. Alanna Krolikowski, “China Increasingly Challenges American Dominance of Science,” originally published in The Washington Post on June 3. Krolikowski is an assistant professor of history and political science. Her research in political science focuses on contemporary relations between China and the United States in high-technology sectors. Read More »
In the news: ASM.org, Engineering.com, Globe and Mail, IEEE Spectrum, Kansas City Star, Missouri Business, New York Post, People Behind the Science, Washington Post
- Dr. Dave Westenberg, associate professor of biological sciences, wrote an article, “What It’s Like to Volunteer at a Science Festival,” posted May 16 on the American Society for Microbiology’s website, asm.org.
- Dr. Frank Liou, the Michael and Joyce Bytnar Product Innovation and Creativity Professor, was interviewed for an article, “Bridging the Skills Gap in the Manufacturing Industry,” by Meghan Brown of engineering.com. The article was posted on the engineering.com website on May 15. Read More »
Alanna Krolikowski’s article,“Shaking Up and Making Up China: How the Party-state Compromises and Creates Ontological Security for Its Subjects” is published in the February issue of the Journal of International Relations and Development.Read More »