- In addition to the glowing review published in the May 19 issue of The Wall Street Journal, Dr. John C. McManus, Curators’ Distinguished Professor of history, continues to receives rave reviews for his latest book, To the End of the Earth.
USSA News, The Washington Free Beacon, The Liberty Loft and The Jewish Voice all published Stanley Goldfarb’s book review, “The Price of Victory.”
- Dr. Steve Corns, associate professor of engineering management and systems engineering at S&T, spoke with Associated Press reporter Jeff McMurray about using a flood prediction analysis system. The article was published by U.S. News & World Report and more than 240 other media outlets.
- In a blog post for PeaceRep, Dr. Mehrzad Boroujerdi, vice provost and dean of the College of Arts, Sciences, and Education, presents findings on the existing generation of Iran’s leaders. He also discusses how upcoming shifts in the composition of Iran’s political elites will shape the country’s future political landscape.
- Columbia Daily Tribune reporter Roger McKinney interviewed Dr. Kathryn Dolan, associate professor of English and technical communication, about her new book, “Breakfast Cereal: A Global History.”
- Dr. Jeff Schramm, associate professor of history, shared his expertise with Kansas City ABC News affiliate KMBC about recent train derailments and whether we are experiencing more of them. The story appeared on the 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscasts on May 9.
- The St. Louis American highlighted Lloyd Flowers’ induction into Missouri S&T’s Academy of Civil Engineers. A 1988 civil engineering graduate, Flowers is currently project director for McCarthy Building Companies.
- Dr. Mehrzad Boroujerdi, vice provost and dean for the College of Arts, Sciences, and Education, spoke with BBC World Service Newsday about the war in Sudan Friday, June 2.
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education features Dr. Teik C. Lim, president of New Jersey Institute of Technology, in an article published in the magazine and posted online May 10. Lim earned a bachelor’s degree from Michigan Technological University, a master’s degree from Missouri S&T and a Ph.D. from The Ohio State University, all in mechanical engineering.