Computer domains transition to UMAD

Posted by
On April 13, 2023

Over the past few years, S&T information technology has been working with campus customers to transition all computers from the Missouri S&T (MST) domain to the University of Missouri Active Directory (UMAD) domain. The domain is the “group” that the computer belongs to. Just as with the user account transitions a few years ago – how we log in with our credentials – changing over computer domains is the next step of the multi-year UM System wide project to improving domain management.

For S&T, 95% of computers have successfully transitioned to the UMAD domain. However, the remaining 5% of computers must be moved over before Tuesday, May 23, when the MST domain is turned off and decommissioned. Computers that are not moved over by that date will not allow users to login.

Starting Monday, April 17, computers that have not transitioned to the UMAD domain will have a notification screen at login, see below. Users of these computers will see the notification message until arrangements are made with IT to get the computer on the UMAD domain.

If you are using a computer that has the notification message shown below, please chat with the S&T Help Desk at to make arrangements to get the computer transitioned to the UMAD domain.

Share this page

Posted by

On April 13, 2023. Posted in Other