In the news: fires, Iran protests, poetry, music perception, campus safety
- Dr. Amy Belfi, assistant professor of psychological science at S&T, was featured on an Association for Psychological Science podcast. During the Oct. 27 episode, she spoke about her career as a neuroscientist studying music perception and cognition as well as how other forms of art can impact the brain and behavior.
- Dr. Mehrzad Boroujerdi, vice provost and dean of the College of Arts, Sciences and Education at S&T, was interviewed for the Oct. 13 “Daily Dot” story about the use of technology in Iran’s ongoing protests. The article is titled “Inside Iran, protesters remain unfazed by the regime’s high-tech crackdown.”
- Dr. Karen Head, professor of English and technical communication, and director of the Center for Arts and Innovation at S&T, spoke with St. Louis Public Radio about the Oct. 10 launch of the literary speaker series featuring Dr. Rita Dove.
- University Police Chief Douglas Roberts is one of six higher education security experts featured in an Oct. 12 article about enhancing campus saftey in Campus Safety Magazine.
- Dr. Robin Verble, associate professor of biological sciences and field station director, speaks about barriers women face as wildland firefighters in an Oct. 3 Inside Climate News article about the Yosemite Women’s Fire Internship program.
- Dr. Guang Xu, associate professor of mining and explosives engineering, is quoted in a news story covering the Lila Canyon mine fire on Fox 13 Salt Lake City.