As construction crews continue to make progress on campus, here is a recap of recent changes and an overview of what to expect.
- The new roundabout on Highway 63 and Tim Bradley Way is now complete. Landscaping crews will add plants to the center section of the roundabout in fall 2023, in conjunction with landscaping for the arrival court.
- S&T broke ground for the Innovation Lab in April. Crews have begun construction with a completion date of October 2023.
- The demolition of S&T’s old power plant and substation began in September and will be completed by Jan. 1, 2023.
- For pedestrian safety, construction crews fenced off eight acres of the future Arrival District in September. Much of the fenced-off area will reopen in August 2023.
- Groundbreaking for the Welcome Center will be scheduled in the spring. Construction is scheduled to begin May 2023 and be completed by December 2024.
- The campus substations have been demolished and construction on a new substation has started. Completion is expected in December 2023. The new substation will provide better support for campus research functions.
- By next year, S&T will have a net gain of 150 new spaces since May 2021.
- S&T broke ground for a 114-space subsurface parking garage and has begun subsurface site grading. Vehicles will enter and exit the underground garage south of Tim Bradley Way. Pedestrians will enter and exit the garage at an area between the Innovation Lab and Welcome Center. This project is on schedule for completion in August 2023.
- Expansion to Lot H has begun and will add 26 parking spaces.
- Lot L, a new lot on Pine Street, will add 29 spaces. The lot will be completed in December.
- A new wider and taller pedestrian underpass will be constructed under Highway 63. This new underpass will work better with the existing grades, and construction will begin during summer 2023.
- The new general services building near Fraternity Drive will be completed by July 1, 2023.
- The Missouri Protoplex Phase II was approved at the UM Board of Curators meeting on Sept. 7. Construction is scheduled for completion in September 2025.
- General electrical utility work is underway throughout campus.
- Geothermal wellfield drilling began in October and will wrap up in summer 2023.