Missouri S&T students, faculty, former faculty and alumni associated with the Electromagnetic Compatibility Laboratory won several awards during the recent Electromagnetic Compatibility Society‘s conference, EMC+SIPI 2022. The recognition included a sweep of all the best paper awards at the conference.
Individuals associated with S&T received the following awards and honors during the conference, which was held Aug. 1-5 in Spokane, Washington:
- EMC Society President’s Memorial Award (for outstanding EMC student) – Yuanzhuo Liu, an S&T student
- Richard R. Stoddart Award for Outstanding Performance – Jun Fan, former S&T faculty member in electrical and computer engineering
- Hall of Fame Award – Tom Van Doren, professor emeritus of electrical and computer engineering
- IEEE Fellow Award – Zhiping Yang and Xiaoning Ye, S&T alumni
- Technical Achievement award – Stephen Scearce of Cisco and Bo Pu, a former postdoctoral researcher at S&T
- EMC+SIPI best paper awards:
- Best EMC paper – Shengxuan Xia (Ph.D. student), Dr. Jun Fan (former faculty) and Dr. Chulsoon Hwang (S&T faculty)
- Best EMC paper honorable mention – Fuwei Ma (former S&T student); S&T alumni Ruijie He, Sameer Walunj and Tamar Makharashvili; faculty members Chulsoon Hwang and Daryl Beetner, and Brian Booth and Kerry Martin, both of John Deere
- Best SIPI paper – Chaofeng Li (S&T student), Biyao Zhao (former S&T student), Bo Pu (former S&T postdoctoral researcher), Xu Wang (S&T student), DongHyun Kim (S&T faculty) and Jun Fan (former S&T faculty member)
- Best SIPI paper honorable mention – led by Xiaoning Ye (last author), who is an S&T graduate
- Best EMC student paper – Wei Zhang (S&T student), Rui Mi (S&T graduate), Victor Khilkevich (S&T faculty member)
- Best EMC student paper honorable mention – S&T students James Hunter, Shengxuan Xia and Aaron Harmon, Mohamed Hamdalla (UMKC student), Ahmed Hassan (UMKC faculty), and S&T faculty members Victor Khilkevich and Daryl Beetner (S&T faculty)
- Best SIPI student paper – S&T students Jiangshuai Li, Yuanzhuo Liu, Liang Liu and Shengxuan Xia, Scott Hinaga of Cisco, and S&T faculty member Victor Khilkevich.
Best SIPI student paper honorable mention – S&T student Yifan Ding, Matthew Doyle, Samuel Connor and Dale Becker of IBM, and S&T professor emeritus James Drewniak.