Missouri S&T will conduct a national search for a chief diversity officer. The campus community is invited to listening sessions to discuss the search and to collect input about the qualities, skills and experiences that should be prioritized in this search.
Faculty and staff open forums will be held:
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 17, in the Ozark Room of the Havener Center or via Zoom
- Noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, May 18, in the Ozark Room of the Havener Center or via Zoom.
Student and alumni open forums will be held:
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 24, via Zoom
- Noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, May 25, via Zoom.
If you cannot attend the forums or prefer to submit input through a survey, please do so online. The online input survey is anonymous and will be open through Tuesday, May 31.
Throughout the summer, the search committee will seek applications of candidates before formal campus interviews take place in the fall.
The following individuals have agreed to serve on the CDO search committee:
- Dr. Kathleen Sheppard, president-elect of Faculty Senate and associate professor of history and political science
- Danny Tang, chief information officer and member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- José L. Corchado-Albelo, graduate student in mining engineering and member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Hispanic/Latino/a Recruitment and Retention
- James A. Faletti, S&T alumnus, trustee and vice chair of the trustees’ Inclusion, Diversity, Excellence and Attainment (IDEA) Committee
- Lister Florence, S&T alumnus, trustee, member of the IDEA Committee, and a member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee for African American Recruitment and Retention
- Jessica E. Gargus, director of student well-being and member of Campus Pride (LGBTQ student equity, inclusion and belonging)
- Dr. Carlos H. Giraldo, associate professor of nuclear engineering and radiation science and member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Janiece Jones, assistant director of admissions for the St. Louis area and diversity recruitment
- Dr. Melanie R. Mormile, professor of biological sciences
- Cindi Nelson, chief human resources officer and member of the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Nancy Pendleton, S&T alumna, trustee and member of the IDEA Committee
- Anitra C. Rivera, acting chief diversity officer.
- Andrew M. Crain, lead recruitment consultant at S&T
- Tim McIntosh, senior director of recruitment for the University of Missouri System.