Update on Aug. 12: This planned power outage has been canceled.
Many campus buildings will be affected by a power outage after 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17. The outage is expected to take approximately three hours. Power will be restored by Wednesday, Aug. 18.
Buildings fed directly by Rolla Municipal Utilities will NOT be affected. The buildings that will NOT be affected by the power outage include:
- 710 University Drive (formerly the Missouri Enterprise Building)
- Auxiliary Services
- Bureau of Mines Building No. 1, Building No. 2 and Building No. 3
- Campus Housing and Dining Building
- Campus Support Facility
- Custodial and Landscape Services Building
- Diversity House (formerly named Student Diversity, Outreach and Women’s Programs)
- Experimental Mine Facility
- Gale Bullman Building
- Hasselmann Alumni House
- Hy Point Industrial Park
- Innovation Park
- Kummer Student Design Center
- Miner Village
- Phelps Health Annex
- Pine Building at 1304 N. Pine St.
- Residential Commons 1 and 2
- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center, including the Energetics Building
- Rolla Suites North and Rolla Suites South
- South Central Regional Professional Development Center
- Southwestern Bell Cultural Center
- Student Health Complex
- Student Recreation Center
- Temporary Facility “A”
- Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall
- University Commons
Limited power will be available at affected buildings with emergency generators for essential service only. If you need assistance or have questions, please email Jim Jackson, senior manager of operations in facilities services, at email@example.com.