The campus police department is looking for summer student workers to work the following shifts: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 4 p.m.-midnight and midnight to 8 a.m. If you are interested, please contact Oscar Kemp, assistant police chief, at email@example.com or 573-341-4300.
- valid driver’s license
- International students may have a license from their country of origin and an international driver’s license.
- at least two semesters left at Missouri S&T
- no criminal record
- no major moving violations.
Campus duties include:
- Patrolling campus at night and on weekends
- Locking campus building at the end of each class day
- Providing nighttime campus escorts for students, staff and faculty
- Providing security and assisting with parking and traffic control for various special events, including athletic events, concerts, guest lecturers and St. Pat’s events.
Duties of dispatchers include:
- Learn radio procedures.
- Handle radio traffic from police department employees.
- Handle phone calls, including emergency lines and university information lines.
- Maintain radio and telephone logs.
For more information, please contact Oscar Kemp, assistant police chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-4300.