The College of Engineering and Computing held its fall open forum on Oct. 13. Dr. Richard Wlezien, vice provost and dean of the college, announced staff and faculty awards during the virtual presentation. Congratulations to the winners.
- Team Impact Award: Megan Fowler, office support assistant in electrical and computer engineering
- Rookie of the Year Award: David Basford, office support assistant in civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Student Service Award: Teneke Hill, administrative assistant for undergraduate programs in materials science and engineering
- Extra Mile Award: Karen Swope, office support assistant for Ph.D. programs in engineering management and systems engineering
- Loyalty Award: Randall Lewis, research engineering technician in mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Peer-to-Peer Award: Debbie Willy, administrative assistant in mechanical and aerospace engineering.
This award recognizes mid-career and beyond faculty for teaching and service excellence. Recipients are:
- Dr. Kelly Liu, professor of geosciences and geological and petroleum engineering
- Dr. Jillian Schmidt, assistant teaching professor, mechanical and aerospace
- Dr. Jeffery Thomas, associate teaching professor (Missouri State University), civil, architectural and environmental engineering.
This award recognizes early- and mid-career faculty for scholarship excellence. Recipients are:
- Dr. Catherine Johnson, assistant professor of mining and explosives engineering
- Dr. Jonghyun Park, associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Dr. Fateme Rezaei, associate professor of chemical and biochemical engineering
- Dr. Grace Yan, associate professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering.