Flu season is quickly approaching, and getting your annual flu shot is important as we continue to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic. To help you get vaccinated in the safest way possible, Missouri S&T is offering drive-thru flu shot clinics.
The first clinic was held Oct. 1. The next clinic will be offered 3:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 14, in parking Lot C-11, located across from Leach Theatre.
Get a consent form and tips for attending a drive-thru clinic.
Tips for attending a drive-thru flu shot clinic
- Download a flu shot consent form and complete it. Bring it with you to the clinic.
- Bring your insurance card.
- You’ll receive your vaccination from the convenience of your car. Wear loose-fitting clothing or short sleeves so your arm is easily accessible.
- Someone will collect insurance information, payment (if necessary) and provide additional details about the process. Signs will help direct traffic flow. Please be patient and anticipate a wait.
- Staff members will screen for COVID-19 symptoms upon your arrival. If you are not feeling well, attend a clinic later or get your vaccination from another location offering flu shots when you are feeling well.
- To protect staff members, keep your windows rolled up as you wait. Everyone at the clinic is required to wear a face covering – including those in vehicles. Children under the age of two should not wear face coverings.
- When receiving your shot, keep your face covering on and face forward to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
For more information, please visit the UM System website or contact the HR Service Center at 573-882-2146 or HRServiceCenter@umsystem.edu.