- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
When campus closed in March and courses moved online, many faculty members needed training in Zoom, Canvas and Panopto. Staff members in civil, architectural and environmental engineering, and staff members in the Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE) worked together to develop training sessions and help ensure that the transition was as smooth as possible.
Training was ready in less than 48 hours. The people behind the training include:
- Jeff Jennings, CAFE manager, presented on Zoom
- Beth Reardon, CAFE instructional developer, presented on Canvas
- Malcolm Hayes, CAFE instructional developer, presented on Panopto
- IT Media Services staff, led by Levi Hudson
- staff in civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- CAFE staff.
More than 100 faculty members participated, affecting potentially tens of thousands of student credit hours. Here is some of the feedback the workshop attendees provided:
- “The quick workshop in civil was a lifesaver.”
- “I learned how to use Zoom through Canvas, and that made a world of difference.”
- “The training on how to use Panopto was incredibly helpful.”
Watch the training videos on the CAFE website.