Missouri S&T’s Faculty Senate approved a motion by the Academic Freedom and Standards Committee to change the grading system for the Spring 2020 semester, effective immediately. The policy includes:
- Instructors will assign ABCD grades as normal
- All F grades will be replaced by U grades
- Students can request any or all of their classes be changed to S/U grading through June 5, 2020
- Students who request S/U grading between April 1 and June 5, 2020, will have D grades converted to U, and ABC grades converted to S
- Students can wait to see their instructor-assigned ABCDU grade before deciding to switch to S/U
- For the Spring 2020 semester, S grades will be honored as a C-or-better grade for all prerequisites, and graduation requirements
- S/U grades have no impact on a student’s grade point average (GPA).