- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Chancellor Mo Dehghani sent the following message to students on March 18:
Thank you for your patience during this time of uncertainty around our collective response to the COVID-19 pandemic. I hope you keep learning through our online coursework in a location that is safest for you. We are hearing positive reports from faculty about the transition to remote teaching and learning that occurred this week.
We are committed to the needs and well-being of our students and families in this process. Currently, there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Missouri S&T or in the Rolla area, but for the continued safety of our students, we want to encourage those students who have the ability to return home to make plans to do so. However, our residence halls and dining facilities remain open and available to our students who are unable to return home.For those students who remove all belongings and check out of their residence hall by next Tuesday, March 24, 2020, we guarantee you the highest discount available, up to a 45% discount in your housing bill for this semester. Details related to the discount and other processes and procedures will be finalized and sent to you no later than Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Campus housing is not equipped to accommodate any student who tests positive to the COVID-19 virus.
- If you are not vacating residential housing, we highly discourage travel during spring break as this increases risk to yourself and other members of the campus community.
- Dining plans will carry forward from this semester to a future semester at your end of the semester balance when possible (not exceeding 45% of your spring semester balance). Other accommodations are being made for graduating seniors.
- We will not send housing bills until the discount process is in place.
- We will waive current late payment and financing charges until the end of the semester.
- We will provide an appeals process for those students with extenuating circumstances.
These are fluid times, and the COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly. I encourage you to continue to read the S&T eConnection and check your email during this time.
We hope the extraordinary measures that we are taking allow you to practice social distancing to reduce your chances of contracting and spreading COVID-19. For the latest information about Missouri S&T’s response to the coronavirus, visit coronavirus.mst.edu.
I wish all of you good health and learning in the coming weeks.