- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Missouri S&T students and programs in engineering management and systems engineering were recognized at the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM) International Annual Conference in October in Philadelphia.
The honors include:
- Samuel VanFossan received the Merl Baker Award for Best Student Paper and the Graduate Scholarship Award. VanFossan is a Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellow and Ph.D. student. His advisor is Dr. Benjamin Kwasa, assistant professor.
- Dr. Samareh Moradpour received the Best Dissertation Award. Her Ph.D. advisor is Dr. Suzanna Long, professor and chair of engineering management and systems engineereing.
- In a contest with 10 teams, Missouri S&T’s team won second place in the Student Team Competition. The team included students Emily Allen, Lauren Barclay, Aubrey Howell and Emma Thompson.
- Missouri S&T received the Founders Award for Best Graduate Program, collected by Dr. Steven Corns, associate professor.
- Missouri S&T also received the Founders Award for Best Undergraduate Program, collected by Dr. Stephen Raper, associate professor.