The Rolla Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) chapter will host an event for local Girl Scouts at the Missouri S&T’s Ozark Research Field Station Saturday, Oct. 19. Volunteers are needed.
The event is named “A Journey Through STEM,” and will feature a day of experiments and demonstrations focused on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) areas.
In preparations, there will be workdays and a wrap-up meeting 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, in Room 266 McNutt Hall. If you cannot make the workdays, you can still help.
The volunteer positions and duties include:
- Set-up help: Set up tables, tents, activities
- Take-down help: Cleaning up after the event
- Engineering activities: Presenting an hour-long activity for girls in grades 2-8
- Help with activities: Assist at the event on Oct. 16
- Coding session presenter: This activity has already been developed. A volunteer is needed to present it on Oct. 16.
- Prepping for the event: Any pre-event prep (sign making, pre prep for activity)