- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
This competition is open to international students at Missouri S&T and gives you an opportunity to create a short video about what it means to be a Missouri S&T Miner. Students are encouraged to include why they selected Missouri S&T and what makes their experience here unique — they can share information about their involvement in the campus and community. The deadline for the Miners from Abroad Student Video Competition has been extended to October 31.
All undergraduate and graduate international students at Missouri S&T are eligible to participate. Students may participate individually or as a team.
Three prizes will be awarded for this competition:
– 1st Place: $1,000
– 2nd Place: $500
– 3rd Place: $250
Prizes will be awarded as qualified scholarships and amounts will be applied to your student account. Withholding of up to 14% may be required based on a tax analysis for each winner.
1. Create a 2-minute (maximum) video or video scrapbook sharing your experience at S&T. Talk about what you do, have done or other great experiences you’ve had as a student at S&T. Are you doing grad research, are you part of an organization, or have you had other incredible experiences? Include information about what you have enjoyed most about Missouri S&T and the Rolla community.
2. Upload your MP4 file to your Google Drive and share the link on the entry form. Be sure to set your file as public.
3. Entry should contain no copyrighted content (music, images, etc.).
4. Any voice over or captions should be in English.
5. Needs to be ‘timeless’ – contain nothing that would date the entry.