- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Missouri S&T’s Staff Council recently elected officers for this academic year. Barbi Spencer, who served as vice president of Staff Council in 2018-19, is now leading the council as president. She is a compliance specialist in diversity, equity and Title IX. John Cook, manager of student support services in student financial assistance, is the past president.
Employees elected to officer roles are:
- Vice president: Amanda Kossuth, who will serve as president next year. She is an academic advisor in the S&T Advising Center.
- Secretary: Jada Wan, student support specialist in the Student Success Center
- Treasurer: Erica Reven, business services consultant in enrollment management
The following Staff Council members have been to chair council committees for this academic year:
- Advocacy Committee: Sarah Murchie, executive assistant for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Campus Involvement Committee: Lisa Story, student support specialist in business and information technology
- Communications Committee: Velvet Hasner, manager of internal communications in marketing and communications.
Staff Council represents and promotes the best interests of S&T staff, helps to build a positive working relationship with the campus community and works to provide effective communication between staff and administration.
The next meeting will be held 9-11 a.m. in the Meramec-Gasconade Room of the Havener Center. It is open to all staff, faculty and students to attend. You do not have to be a member of Staff Council to attend the meeting or to participate in most of the committees.
Learn more at staffcouncil.mst.edu.