- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Bring your family to the 10th annual Celebration of Nations on Saturday, Sept. 28, in downtown Rolla. There is no entrance fee to the event, which showcases and recognizes the cultural diversity in the Rolla area. Attendees can sample American and international food at over 50 food, craft and educational vendors.
The schedule includes:
- 11 a.m.: Parade of Nations, starting at 11th and Rolla streets, ending at the Rolla Band Shell
- Noon: Festival, begins at the band shell with opening remarks from Dr. Mo Dehghani, chancellor, and Louis Madgits, mayor of Rolla
- 12:30 p.m.: Performance by Sunshine Cultural Arts Center dancers
- 2 p.m.: Celebrate Talent competition
- 3:45 p.m.: Prize ceremony for talent competition winners
The Kid’s Corner will offer activities for younger participants, including face painting, bounce houses and a sand pile. Camels will walk in the parade, and camel rides will be available during the festival.
For a complete schedule of events and a map of the parade route, visit nations.mst.edu.