- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Study Abroad office within the Department of International Affairs is excited to offer $2,000 in scholarships to the first 8 students to be admitted into our new semester-long program at Universidad San Francisco de Quito in the Galapagos Islands!
The Spring 2020 deadline for admission is September 15, so apply now!
Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) is a private liberal arts university located in Quito, Ecuador and is ranked the #1 University in Ecuador!
Students select courses from one of four Academic Tracks in the biological and social sciences: (1) Evolution, Ecology and Conservation, (2) Marine Ecology; (3) People, Politics and the Environment and (4) Sustainable Tourism. Each academic track consists of five intensive 3-credit courses taught in 3-week modules.
All courses are taught in English. Students can take up to two courses from different tracks. Students in all tracks also take a required Spanish conversation class (worth 3 credit hours). Volunteer placements (not-for-credit) in San Cristobal are also available to interested students.
Program highlights include the following:
– Personalized, small classroom settings
– State of the art teaching, research and laboratory facilities
– Hands-on classes and field trips
– Visits to the Tiputini Biodiversity Station, the Ecuadorian highlands, and a cloud forest!
– Free Spanish lessons
– Experiencing Ecuadorian culture and the opportunity to live in one of the most unique and amazing places on earth, the Galapagos Islands.
– Cruise and tour of the Galapagos Islands
– Ph.D. trained professors with vast teaching, research and field experience
For more information or questions, please contact Phaze Roeder at 573-341-6237 or firstname.lastname@example.org