- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
New student programs thanks everyone who contributed to the success of Opening Week 2019. The S&T orientation experience would not be possible without support from the campus community.
Preliminary survey results are in. Kayla Klossner-Thompson, director of new students programs, shares the following survey data from 242 new students (a 21% response rate):
- 95% agreed or strongly agreed that Opening Week activities helped them to better understand the values and expectations of Missouri S&T
- 97% agreed or strongly agreed that Opening Week activities helped them to learn about the availability of student services
- 98% of respondents stated they met and interacted with at least one professor or instructor during Opening Week
- 95% agreed or strongly agreed that Opening Week activities helped them to better understand how to be academically successful at S&T
- 93% agreed or strongly agreed that Opening Week helped them to understand and appreciate that S&T values diversity and inclusion of all members of the campus community
A complete “Year in Review” data report will be compiled this fall and a summary distributed thereafter.
This year, the new student programs team collaborated with the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to bring national speaker Odell Bizzell to campus during Opening Week. If you were unable to join us for this experience, please check out this video for a few highlights. Of the students survey respondents, 82% reported that Bizzell’s keynote address was enjoyable, relevant and action-oriented.
Thank you to the entire campus community for supporting new student programs and our new students.