- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Summertime means learning time for Bader Almutairi, a Ph.D. student who earned a master’s degree in nuclear engineering from S&T in 2017. He is currently attending Modeling, Experimentation and Validation (MeV) Summer School at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee and will also attend nuclear corrosion summer school in Slovenia.
Several of Almutairi’s papers have been accepted for conferences, including:
- One paper accepted to the International Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP), co-sponsored by the American Nuclear Society, held in May in France
- Five papers accepted at the American Nuclear Society conference, held in June in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- One paper accepted for the International Conference on Sensors and Electronic Instrumentation Advances, which will be held in September in the Canary Islands of Spain.
Bader thanks his advisors for guidance and support, including:
- Dr. Shoaib Usman, associate professor of nuclear engineering at S&T
- Dr. Cameron Goodwin, director of the Rhode Island Nuclear Science Center, where Bader is conducting his Ph.D. research thesis
- Dr. Syed Alam, scientist at the French Atomic Energy Commission at Argonne National Laboratory.
Prior to pursuing his Ph.D., Almutairi was employed at the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research. After earning a scholarship to study abroad, he applied to S&T because the school aligned with his research interests.
At S&T, Almutairi has participated in the graduate leadership development program and served as the nuclear engineering department representative for the Council of Graduate Students. In addition, he served as the director of the scientific committee for graduate students in the National Union of Kuwaiti Students in the USA.