This article provides details on the following topics related to S&T parking lots and parking permits:
- Portion of parking lot M to close for construction
- Changes planned this fall for parking lots Q and C
- Parking lot near Gale Bullman closed for repairs
- Renew your parking permit
Lot M-36 closed July 1 for construction prep
Missouri S&T’s Lot M-36 will be closed to parking all day Monday, July 1. No parking will be allowed in the lot on July 1. Permit M holders may park in Lot M-19 or L lots or H lots instead on July 1. The closure is to allow for construction crews to set up for S&T’s classroom learning center addition at the Computer Science Building.
Portion of parking lot M to close for construction
Beginning Tuesday, July 2, a portion of Lot M-36, next to the Engineering Research Laboratory, will be closed until further notice for construction crews to access the construction site for S&T’s classroom learning center addition at the Computer Science Building. Unfortunately, this will result in 40 fewer parking spaces in M-36 during construction. Lot M-19 will remain open during this time.
If you have a permit for Area M, please note the following for July 2-31:
- In addition to M-19 and remaining spaces in M-36, you may park in L lots (near Emerson Hall) or H lots (near Residential Commons)
- If you would like a permit for a different area, please make your request via the parking website by Wednesday, July 10. Permit offers will be made at the end of July and 2019-20 permits will be valid from Aug. 1, 2019, through July 31, 2020.
If you have a permit for Area M, please note the following beginning Thursday, Aug. 1:
- In addition to M-19 and remaining spaces in M-36, you may park in Lot H-37, located on the south side of University Drive, across from Residential Commons.
- As the start of classes near, traffic and congestion is expected to increase around St. Patrick’s Lane, nearby street parking and Lot M areas.
- Please allow extra time when coming to campus and follow best safety practices, like using crosswalks or walking through the underground tunnel beneath Highway 63/Bishop Avenue to access campus and cross busy thoroughfares.
Changes planned this fall for parking lots Q and C
The following parking lot changes will become effective Thursday, Aug. 1:
- Due to construction to expand the Kummer Student Design Center, Lot Q parking permits will not be available. If you currently park in Lot Q, you can request a permit for Lot X and get priority consideration for Lot X. (Make requests at parking.mst.edu.)
- Lots C-18 and C-48 will be renamed E-18 and E-48, respectively. These lots, located along Bishop Ave. and 9th and 10th streets, will be available for student and employee parking.
- Lot C-11, located along 10th Street across from Leach Theatre, will become an employee lot. Students who currently have permits for the lot can request a permit for Lot E and will get priority consideration for E-18 and E-48 (currently named C-18 and C-48).
These changes will not go into effect until Thursday, Aug. 1. Until then, anyone affected by these changes may continue to park as designated by their current permit.
Parking lot near Gale Bullman closed for repairs
The parking area south of the Gale Bullman Building, Lot X-20, closed Thursday, June 20, and will remain closed through Wednesday, Aug. 12, for parking lot resurfacing and redesign.
Lot X permit holders and individuals using the S&T Fitness Center may continue to park in the west side of Lot X using the 10th Street entrance. The lot will not be accessible from Highway 63 or Bishop Avenue. The overflow area will be the lot at the north side of the football field, Lot X-38, near Student Health.
During this time, Lot Q permit holders may park in Lots E-48 and E-18, located near Farrar Hall and the Baptist Student Union.
Please note that parking operations enforces parking regulations during summer months as well as during the academic year.
Renew your parking permit
Please renew your employee parking permit by Wednesday, July 10. Parking offers will be made to faculty and staff via email during the final week of July and you will have seven days to accept the offer.
Follow these instructions to request a renewal by July 10:
- Visit the faculty and staff parking webpage, police.mst.edu/parking/faculty-staff-parking/.
- Click the green button, “REQUEST OR RENEW PERMIT.”
- Log in with your university credentials.
- Select your parking lot and click the “Request” button. The parking lot operations staff will process your request and you will receive a confirmation email of your request. This email will NOT be the permit offer – permit offer emails will be sent near the end of July.
- You can request stickers for additional vehicles but these will not be processed until after permits are issued. The first and second stickers are included in your employee permit fee. Additional stickers cost $4 each.