- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Veterans Resource Coach Description
SVRC – Division of Academic Support
Veterans Resource Coaches are student workers for the Student Veterans Resource Center with duties consisting of:
– Maintaining Communication with the Advisor
– Planning and executing programs/activities for current students
– Serving as a mentor for current students
– Welcoming students in the Student Veterans Resource Center
– Offering advice, guidance, and direction to current students
– Advising student on a one-on-one basis as needed (study skills, time management, note taking)
– Assisting in preparation of activities and materials for the SVRC
– Assist and guide students in the use of their VA benefits, or refer them to the person who can.
– Maintaining a high knowledge of available resources on campus
– Referring students to other campus departments (may consist of walking them to different
– General office duties including logging numbers, keeping the SVRC clean, making coffee, filing, etc.
– Setting out signs
– Soliciting support from student organizations
– Soliciting support and facilitating relationships with the community
– Upholding all university policies and regulations
– Taking an active role in guaranteeing that students are comfortable with campus
– May be required to life heavy objects for long periods.
– Coordinate with other VRC’s if you cannot make an event or scheduled shift
*Veterans Resource Coaches will be expected to attend all required dates: SVRC programs, Open Houses, etc. If you cannot, you must inform the Advisor as soon as possible.
Terms of Employment
Veterans Resource Coaches are expected to reflect the very best qualities of students and serve as role models for incoming and current students. Veterans Resource Coaches are expected to be at all times:
– Team player
– Positive role model for all students
Veterans Resource Coaches must be in good academic standing with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
If you have any questions, contact Rachel Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please fill out this application and have it submitted to Rachel by April 30th.