Eight Missouri S&T faculty were honored with the 2017-18 Sustained Excellence in Outstanding Teaching Award at S&T’s faculty awards banquet on Dec. 4. The new award, developed by the Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE), recognizes instructors who have won Outstanding Teaching Awards in at least nine of the past 10 consecutive years. The winners are:
- Petra DeWitt, assistant professor of history and political science
- Stephen Gao, professor of geosciences and geological and petroleum engineering
- Irina Ivliyeva, professor of arts, languages, and philosophy
- Vi Khoi Le, professor of mathematics and statistics
- John McManus, Curators’ Distinguished Professor of history and political science
- Gary Mueller, associate professor of mining and nuclear engineering
- R. Joe Stanley, professor of electrical and computer engineering
- J. Greg Story, associate professor of physics.
A $500 monetary gift accompanies the honor and is funded through the Class of 1937 Faculty Excellence Endowment Fund. The award had not been announced previously and was a surprise to both the honorees and banquet attendees.