In the news: Artificial moon, Business Officer magazine, naval history, successful IP policy, war loot restitution
- Dr. William Schonberg shared his expertise on space and celestial objects with NBC News for a story about Chengu’s plan to launch an illumination satellite in 2020. The article, “A city in China wants to launch an ‘artificial moon’ into space,” published Oct. 26 on MSN.com and elsewhere.
- Dr. Anas Massri, assistant vice chancellor for fiscal services, is featured in an article published in the October 2018 issue of Business Officer magazine. The magazine is published by the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO).
- Dr. Diana Ahmad’s review of Dan Daly’s book White Water, Red Hot Lead: On Board U.S. Navy Swift Boats in Vietnam was posted Oct. 4 on the Naval Historical Foundation website.
- The success of Missouri S&T’s approach to partnering with industry on intellectual property (IP) was the topic of an article in the September 2018 issue of Industry-Sponsored Research Management, a newsletter devoted to helping universities attract more corporate-sponsored research. Keith Strassner, assistant vice provost for technology and business development, is quoted in the article, titled “New IP Policy at Missouri S&T Leads to Increase in Industry Research.”
- In a recent podcast for the New Books Network, Dr. Shannon Fogg spoke about her book, Stealing Home: Looting, Restitution and Reconstructing Jewish Lives in France, 1942-1947. Fogg is chair and professor of history and political science at S&T.