- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Please encourage all College of Arts, Sciences, and Business (CASB) students, regardless of major, to attend a career panel and discussion 10-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, in the Carver Room of the Havener Center. Students will have the opportunity to learn about the career progression and experiences of several alumni. Registration is online.
The panelists are members of the CASB Dean’s Leadership Council, a core group of alumni and friends dedicated to advancing and supporting the college, its programs and its students. They represent different market sectors, majors and career paths. Areas of interest include entrepreneurship, management, leadership, biotechnology, communications, defense and government, and innovation. Lunch will be included.
Dr. Larry Gragg, Curators’ Distinguished Teaching Professor of history, will moderate the panel. Panelists will include:
- Diane Butrus, a 1985 computer science graduate and chief operating officer of Diba Imports
- Steve Frey, vice president of L3 Technologies, who earned a master’s degree in physics in 1986
- Michael Haynes, a 1977 chemistry graduate and Dow Chemicals retiree
- Pamela Leitterman, a 1975 math graduate and Hewlett-Packard retiree
- Cori Nelson, a 2002 management systems graduate and project manager at Cerner
- Carl Schmitz, a 2010 information science and technology graduate and manager of IT systems at Boeing.