- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
World Suicide Prevention Day is today (Monday, Sept. 10). The counseling services staff invites you to partner with them to #BeThere for our S&T campus community to support and encourage those who might be struggling.
The counseling services staff challenges people to consider how they plan to #BeThere for students, friends, coworkers or others in positive, meaningful, life-saving ways.
Want to get involved and be a part of working together to prevent suicide? Consider these options:
- Stop by the booth for pictures and temporary tattoos
- Come by Havener Center 11 a.m.-1 p.m. today and bring your friends
- Rock the tattoo
- Share your responses to “I will #BeThere…” on a whiteboard and get your picture taken to be uploaded on social media
- Initiate this activity in your department or around campus
- Promote the hashtag
- Use #BeThere with or without photos to share your commitment
- Help make this hashtag trend with positive messages
- Encourage a #BeThere culture in your own department, around campus, amongst your peers
- Ask “How are you?” and listen, really listen to the answers
- Challenge your coworkers and peers to take or retake Listen.Refer to learn more ways to #BeThere
Everyone on campus can play a role in protecting his or her friends, family members, and colleagues from suicide. Everyone can take simple action steps to be there for someone who is struggling or in crisis. Visit the counseling services website for more information regarding suicide prevention on campus and learn more about the #BeThere campaign through the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention page.