- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The University of Missouri South African Education Program (UMSAEP) Committee invites proposals for 2019 for faculty interested in participating in the academic exchange between the University of Missouri System and South Africa. Opportunities include exchanges with the University of the Western Cape (UWC) located near Cape Town and collaborative projects between the University of Missouri System and new or existing educational partners in South Africa.
The committee sponsors two competitions for funds to conduct projects in South Africa:
- University of Missouri and University of the Western Cape Linkage Program
- South African Partnership Program
Funding for the UWC linkage exchanges is significantly higher than for the South African Partnership Program. Both initiatives have a long history of providing faculty on all four UM System campuses opportunities to work collaboratively with South African colleagues to address problems relevant to historically disadvantaged institutions and persons. Increasingly, the funds are being allocated to support joint research projects.
Learn more about the programs on the UM System website:
Download an application. Submit your application for 2019 funding to Dr. Jeanie Hofer, associate vice chancellor for international and cultural affairs, by Wednesday, Aug. 15.
For more information, contact one of the following committee members:
- Jeanie Hofer, associate vice chancellor for international and cultural affairs, at 341-6425 or email@example.com
- Francisca Oboh-Ikuenobe, professor and chair of geosciences and geological and petroleum engineering, at 341-6496 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Gelles, professor and chair of economics, at 341-4825 or email@example.com