- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Center for Science, Technology and Society (CSTS) and the Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) are partnering to present S&T’s Biomedical Humanities Symposium 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, in Room 140 Toomey Hall. S&T researchers are invited to give 15-minute presentations or display research posters that offer insight into how your research addresses one or more challenges arising from how people react or respond to biomedical innovations. Register for the conference, sign up to give a presentation or display a research poster. The deadline for submissions is Monday, Feb. 19.
Examples of topics could include:
- ideas on how to establish best practices as humans become more “medicalized”
- issues arising from people’s encounters with new biomedical technologies
- questions related to privacy
- challenges specific to rural health issues
- historical case studies
- communication or ethical concerns
- any other research perspective focused on how people interact with the world of medicine and health care, including interactions with nanomedicines and biomaterials
For more information, please visit the CSTS website.