A group of Missouri S&T faculty and staff attended the 2017 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Midwest Section Conference in Stillwater, Oklahoma, in September. Missouri S&T attendees included:
- Dr. Stuart Baur, associate professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Jeff Jennings, instructional designer
- Dr. Nicolas Libre, assistant teaching professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Dr. Christi Patton Luks, associate teaching professor of chemical and biochemical engineering
- Amy Skyles, instructional designer
- Dr. Steve E. Watkins, professor of electrical engineering
- Megan Krueger, junior in mechanical engineering
Missouri S&T was recognized with the Faculty-Mile Award for attendance at the conference. Dr. Amardeep Kaur, assistant teaching professor in electrical and computer engineering, was recognized as the incoming section chair.
The following S&T authors received awards:
- Megan Krueger, Kelsey Bloom, junior in civil engineering, and Dr. Nicolas Libre were recognized with the second-place Outstanding Student Poster Award for their poster paper, “A Look into Technology Rich Courses from a Student’s Viewpoint.”
- Dr. Steve E. Watkins and co-author Dr. John Ciezki of the U.S. Air Force Academy were recognized with the first-place Outstanding Technical Paper Award for a paper titled “The Comprehensive Handling of Safety in an Autonomous Robot Capstone Project.”
The Midwest Section of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) includes Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska.