- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Following the completion of a system-wide audit of diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and practices at the University of Missouri System, the university system’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force has released its recommendations for how the university and its campuses can proceed in addressing the issues identified within the report. The audit, conducted by diversity consulting firm IBIS, was part of a series of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives outlined by the University of Missouri Board of Curators on Nov. 9, 2015.
Read the report. The recommendations for Missouri S&T begin on page 16. An asterisk indicates a high-priority recommendation. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force’s 46 members included representatives from all four University of Missouri System campuses and the UM System. Seven task force members represent Missouri S&T:
- George Holmes, a Ph.D. student in mechanical engineering
- Shenethia Manuel, vice chancellor for human resources, equity and inclusion
- Robert Marley, provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs
- Jim Murphy, associate vice chancellor and dean of students
- Neil Outar, director of institutional equity, diversity and inclusion
- Steve Raper, associate professor of engineering management and systems engineering and an S&T alumnus
- Stephen Roberts, vice provost and dean of the College of Arts, Sciences, and Business
View a list of diversity and inclusion initiatives throughout the University of Missouri System. The UM System’s site includes an inventory of diversity, equity and inclusion-related training initiatives for each of the four campuses and the system.