Dr. Kamal Khayat, the Vernon and Maralee Jones Professor of Civil Engineering, will serve as chair of the College of Engineering and Computing vice provost and dean search committee.
Jeff Harris, partner with Harris Search Associates, and Tim McIntosh, manager of executive initiatives for the University of Missouri System, will facilitate the search process. Faculty, staff and students attended open forums about the search process and desired dean attributes Dec. 5-6. Additional open forums will be held in January. One goal of the search process is for the selected dean to begin at Missouri S&T by September 2017.
The search committee includes:
- Rhonda Byers (ex-officio, non-voting member), director of human resources
- Mariesa Crow, vice provost for research and the Fred W. Finley Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mitsy Daniels, fiscal manager
- James Drallmeier, Curators’ Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- John Eash, executive director of corporate relations
- Mark Fitch, associate professor of civil engineering
- Daniel Forciniti, professor of chemical and biochemical engineering
- Stephen Gao, professor of geosciences and geological and petroleum engineering
- Wei Jiang, associate professor of computer science
- Steven (Garrett) Johnson, student council representative to the College of Engineering and Computing
- Kamal Khayat, chair of the search committee and the Vernon and Maralee Jones Professor of Civil Engineering
- Braden Lusk, professor and chair of mining and nuclear engineering
- Yinfa Ma, Curators’ Distinguished Teaching Professor of chemistry and associate dean for research for the College of Arts, Sciences, and Business
- Michael Moats, associate professor of materials science and engineering
- Joan Nesbitt, vice chancellor for University Advancement
- Stephen Raper, associate professor in engineering management and systems engineering
- Laura Stoll, vice provost and dean of enrollment management
- Sue Simmons, member of the Missouri S&T Board of Trustees and a 1984 chemical engineering graduate
To provide feedback on the search process, please contact Jeff Harris, partner with Harris Search Associates, at firstname.lastname@example.org.