- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Council of Graduate Schools (CGS) will visit the S&T campus from Monday, Oct. 31, through Wednesday, Nov. 2, to review S&T graduate programs and services. A three-person consultant team will focus on reviewing three main areas: the administrative structure of the office of graduate studies and its relationship to research; online degree programs with an emphasis on compliance processes, and comprehensive study of graduate studies leadership and services.
Faculty, students and staff will be invited to visit with the consultant team during the visit. The consultants will submit a final report to the institution within six to eight weeks of the site visit.
The consultant team includes individuals with decades of experience in graduate studies, including serving in faculty roles and conducting external program reviews for large public universities.
Open forums will be held:
- 11 a.m.-noon Monday, Oct. 31, in Room 140 Toomey Hall: Open forum with Graduate Faculty, Graduate Council, officers and staff
- 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1, in Room 140 Toomey Hall: Open forum with research center directors for research compliance
- 11 a.m.-noon Tuesday, Nov. 1, in Room 140 Toomey Hall: Open forum with faculty representatives for graduate advising and mentoring
The full agenda includes:
Monday, Oct. 31
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Meeting with the provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs for review of all areas
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Meeting with chancellor for review of all areas
- 11 a.m.-noon: Open forum with Graduate Faculty, Graduate Council, officers and staff
- 1-2 p.m.: Meeting on global learning, distance education and international affairs
- 2-3 p.m.: Meeting with fiscal services team on resource management
- 3-4 p.m.: Meeting with career opportunities and employer relations on graduate career placements
- 4-5 p.m.: Meeting on institutional research and strategic planning review
Tuesday, Nov. 1
- 9-10 a.m.: Meeting with deans for review of all areas
- 10-11 a.m.: Open forum with research center directors on research compliance
- 11 a.m.-noon: Open forum with faculty representatives for graduate advising and mentoring
- 1 p.m.: Enrollment management review
- 2-3:30 p.m.: Graduate studies review
- 3:30-4:30 p.m.: Department chairs council
- 4:45-5:30 p.m. Tour of the office of graduate studies
Wednesday, Nov. 2
- 9-10 a.m.: Meeting with associate deans
- 10-11 a.m.: Meeting with library, marketing and environmental safety staff
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Exit interview with the chancellor and provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs
If you have any questions or would like to join one of the sessions, please contact Dr. Caprice Moore, associate provost of administration, at 341-7784.
Share this page