The Corporate Advisory Board supports and advises the corporate relations team at Missouri S&T in accomplishing its strategic plan goals and objectives, provides guidance on industry needs and challenges, and helps connect S&T with industries and companies for mutual benefit.
Its first meeting was held on Wednesday, April 20, at Hasselmann Alumni House.
The Corporate Advisory Board members have made great strides in their field of work and their inputs will broaden the spectrum of corporate relationships at Missouri S&T. Selected board members include:
- Matt Daniels, senior manager, education relations at Boeing
- Linda Harrell, research manager, advanced materials technology at Caterpillar, who earned a bachelor of science degree in ceramic engineering from S&T in 1988
- Perrin Roller, principal at Upstream Forensics, LLC, who earned a bachelor of science degree in geological engineering from S&T in 1980
- Lisa Sombart, president and chief executive officer at William Tao & Associates Inc., who earned a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from S&T in 1984
- Jeff Steinhart, retired vice president of engineering and environmental affairs at Anheuser-Busch, who earned a bachelor of science degree in engineering management from S&T in 1979
- Rick Szevery, manager of iron and steel producing, quality assurance at ArcelorMittal, who earned a bachelor of science degree in metallurgical engineering from S&T in 2002.