- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
International and cultural affairs is now accepting applications for the Generation Study Abroad/Weiner Scholarship to study abroad. The deadline to submit a scholarship application for study abroad during fall semester 2016 is noon Tuesday, April 12. The deadline to submit a scholarship application for studying abroad during spring or summer semester 2017 is Sept. 25, 2016. Applications for the Generation Study Abroad/Weiner Scholarship may be submitted online at globalminers.mst.edu through the study abroad application process.
The purpose of this program is to promote diversity among students who study abroad and to encourage students who would otherwise not participate in an international experience.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship recipients:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Missouri S&T
- Must contribute to diversifying the study abroad population at Missouri S&T
- Must participate in an approved Missouri S&T study abroad program
- Must meet one or more of the following diversity indicators:
- First-generation student
- Underrepresented ethnic group
- Students with disabilities
- Transfer student
- Student athlete
- High financial need
- Underrepresented academic discipline
- Student who has never traveled abroad
Scholarship funds may be used for costs related to tuition, books, travel, room and board, and insurance.
In May 2015, Chancellor Cheryl B. Schrader signed a Generation Study Abroad Commitment that Missouri S&T will double the number of students studying abroad for credit by 2020. Missouri S&T recently received grant funds from IIE’s Generation Study Abroad Program to be used for scholarships to promote study abroad. The grant funds, along with matching funds from the Weiner Endowment, will provide six scholarships of up to $3,750 each to be awarded to students studying abroad for credit during fall semester 2016, spring semester 2017 or summer semester 2017.
Additional information about scholarship requirements are available on the application through globalminers.mst.edu. For more information, contact study abroad in Room 104 Norwood Hall, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 341-6237.