University vehicle accidents—What is your responsibility?

Posted by
On January 21, 2016

Any accident involving a university-owned vehicle or a vehicle rented or leased by or for the university for official business must be reported. To report a vehicle accident, complete UM Form 5 within 48 hours after the accident occurs and send it via email to Betty Birkner, campus claims coordinator. UM Form 5 can be found online under item 3 – automotive liability. When filling out UM Form 5, please be sure to include the following information:

  • University Vehicle License Plate Number
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • MoCode
  • Other Driver’s Name
  • Other Driver’s Insurance Information

For more information regarding accidents involving university vehicles, please refer to BPM 705.

Share this page

Posted by

On January 21, 2016. Posted in Announcements