Career opportunities and employer relations (COER) will host a number of events this month. The following is a list of events for March:
- Winning at Work for Women – 5 p.m. Monday, March 2, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Better understand different issues in the workforce as they pertain to women – such as the glass ceiling, wage gap, sexual harassment, FMLA/maternity leave rights and more.
- AT&T employer seminar – noon Tuesday, March 3, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Students can visit with representatives from AT&T.
- Halliburton Brand U – 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 3, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Students can visit with representatives from Halliburton Brand U as they discuss current opportunities within their company.
- Going Global – 5 p.m. Thursday, March 5, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Learn to use the Going Global database to view both domestic and international job opportunities. Students must bring their ID card to sign-in.
- Social Networking: Secret Super Power – 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN and other social networking sites to your advantage in your job search. Also learn the pitfalls of social networking and how to avoid them.
- Extern Send-Off Party – 5 p.m. Thursday, March 19, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. The Externship Program provides students with opportunities to gain leadership development experience in a corporate setting for one to five days during spring break. If you are a student leaving for you externship this spring, we want to make sure to see you before go.
- Networking for Success – 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 31, in Room 305 Norwood Hall. Students can learn the skills needed to make connections and lead to a successful job hunt. For more information, email Mark Pottorff.