- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Campus Art Committee invites all Missouri S&T faculty, staff and students to enter their artwork to the upcoming spring show “Art Inspired by Science and Engineering.” Works will be displayed from February to May in the Leach Theatre Lobby.
Works should be submitted to Luce Myers, lecturer of arts, languages, and philosophy, for approval by 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26.
The show is designed to exhibit original works that showcase research and innovation created at S&T. Mediums may include paint, glass or photography or any other medium that can be hung as 2-D art. No free-standing artwork or pieces that require pedestals will be accepted.
The criteria for submission are:
Each work must be self-generated, self-composed and self-produced. The committee encourages this work to be a vehicle for dialogue among viewers and artists.
- Each work must be relevant to science and engineering developments, study and research on this campus.
- Each work must be framed and ready to hang with wires secure.
- Each work must have title, artist(s), medium, price or NFS label on the back.
- Works may be collaborative or solo works.
- Works may be realistic, abstract, microscopic, surreal or any style.
- Good craftsmanship of presentation is imperative.
The committee hopes you will consider sharing an insightful representation of your department or research interest. For more information, contact Myers at 341- 4185. A reception will open the art show at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 4. The reception is free and open to the public.