During the last week of Christmas break, S&T students will join students, faculty and staff from other Missouri universities for a Rebuilding Joplin Mission Trip. The project is sponsored by UMCOR, an international relief organization. All are welcome to join the project:
- Dates: Jan. 3-7, 2012.
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Cost: $60 per person, which includes all meals, housing, shower facilities, T-shirt, supplies for projects, and accidental insurance. S&T faculty and staff are welcome to join the students.
- Transportation: Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from Joplin if coming from home. If leaving from Rolla, transportation will be provided.
- Work Projects: hanging drywall, mudding drywall, painting, flooring, installing bathroom fixtures, installing kitchen cabinets, light carpentry and electrical work, installing windows and miscellaneous tasks. All skill levels are welcome.
- Housing: Area churches in Joplin. Please bring a sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress (if desired), towel, personal items, work clothes, work gloves, eye protection, and casual clothes for the evening.
- Expectations: Eat breakfast and supper together, lunch will be eaten at the work site, and all will attend a morning and evening devotion time.
- For more information or to register: Contact Steve George at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-202-9331.