- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Health screenings and flu shots will be available on campus Thursday, Nov. 3, and Tuesday, Nov. 15, through the University of Missouri’s Total Rewards program. Appointments for health screenings are encouraged, but not required. No appointments are necessary for flu shots, but you must bring your health insurance card and a completed Flu Vaccine Form. Find out more:
Free flu shots will be provided for those 12 years and older enrolled in a UM Health Care plan. Those not enrolled in a UM Health Care plan can receive a vaccination for $15 cash or check, along with the completed Flu Vaccine Form.
Screening and Flu Shot Clinic Schedule
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3, St. Pat’s Ballroom, Havener Center
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, St. Pat’s Ballroom, Havener Center
Smaller screening clinics are available. Check your Cerner Health account for dates/locations.
To make an appointment for health screenings and to complete your personal health assessment, follow these instructions:
- Create your Cerner Health account by visiting www.healthyforlife.umsystem.edu. If you participated in the Miners on the Move program, you will need to create a new account.
- Enter your email address and join the program.
- Complete your personal health assessment: an online questionnaire that helps you understand your health risks and provides you with resources to improve your well-being.
- Schedule your free health screening on campus (dates other than Nov. 2 and 3 are available). Your health screening will include cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, height and weight. If your screening is before noon, fasting for nine hours is recommended, but not required (six hours if pregnant). Drinking 64 ounces of water the day before is also suggested.
You are also encouraged to join Healthy for Life, an incentive-based wellness program designed to help you actively manage your health. By completing a personal health assessment and health screening by April 30, 2012, primary subscribers to the UM Health Care plan will receive $100 in a tax-favored account to use for medical expenses in 2012 Benefit Plan year.