- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Don’t wait until the last minute to begin completing the steps for Miners on the Move! This program focuses on you and your well-being. You set your own goals to improve your health a little, or a lot.
All five steps must be completed before June 30 to be eligible for the $150 incentive. You are automatically entered into a number of weekly drawings as you complete your steps (prizes include $50 Visa cards). A complete description of the program is available online.
Here are your steps to better health:
1. Get a free health screening (cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and body mass index). Find out when they are available, or go to your own doctor and submit your results to Healthy for Life. Email Nurse Manager Armine Alioto at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2. Complete an online health assessment (takes about 15 minutes).
3. Make an appointment with your doctor for your annual physical exam and record the date on Blackboard. Physical exams since Jan. 1, 2010, are eligible.
4. Take the tobacco pledge (haven’t used tobacco in any form for the last three months) or complete a free tobacco cessation program.
5. When your health screening is completed, sign up for a coaching session and complete one of the three physical activity options.
All steps are on Blackboard and all Missouri S&T faculty and staff are already signed up for the program.
Miners on the Move is a pilot program sponsored by S&T’s office of human resource services and Healthy for Life, T.E. Atkins University of Missouri wellness program.