- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Discover Eat for Life, a ten-week program that uses mind-body practices (meditations and yoga), the principles of mindful and intuitive eating, skills training and group support to guide you in making lifestyle changes that will help you create a healthier relationship to your food, mind and body. If you have a history of chronic dieting, have rigid “healthy” rules about eating, or find yourself eating when you’re stressed, bored or unhappy, this may be the program for you. This non-judgmental, non-diet approach helps you use your internal physical cues to guide what and when you eat. Books and recordings are provided with the course. This program partially fulfills the “Coaching and Wellness” step for Miners on the Move. The schedule is as follows:
Orientation Session: Noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 11
Classes: Noon-1 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 16-May 6, excluding spring break
Cost: $50 fee, which will be refunded to you by attending nine out of ten classes
1. Email Hannah Bush at email@example.com to register your name for the class.
2. Pay online with credit card or pay by check or cash at the orientation session.
Orientation: Week of Feb. 7
Classes: Week of Feb. 16 through April 27, excluding March 30 (spring break)
Cost: $50, which will be refunded to you with full participation in discussion board
1. Register online with credit card by Wednesday, Jan. 26, so you receive your books in time.
2. Send $50 check made payable to Healthy for Life to Lynn Rossy, 205 Heinkel Building by Monday, Jan. 24, so you receive your books in time.
3. For more information, contact Rachel Ploskonka at firstname.lastname@example.org.